Tabs of my life

Followers

Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2018

From Rivals to Sisters

The blueness of the sky captivates the eyes while the sun embraces us with its warmth. No sign of rain or gloom. The birds chirp in gratitude and the trees smile towards the sky. It is a day appealing to the soul. In other words, it is the perfect day; sunny and beautiful with a slight coolness to it. But, guess where I am?

Yep! I am detained within four walls, enslaved to this economy. Well, I enjoy my participation in capitalism, but by nature my spirit rebels when it feels retrained. Yesterday should have been a day filled of adventure, since it was fourth of July, but it stormed majority of the day, ruining all plans I had. This ennui cripples my productivity and makes me wonder off into a new dimension. Even though, it is a slow day, the worst part is that my bestie is not at work. And, as a result, the work day becomes a sloth.

Friendships are important in our every day walk; friends are our support, our source of joy when needed, our council, along with so many other things. You see, the friendship I have with my bestie is one that God brought together. I would have never met her if I did not listen and follow the instructions of our Lord. In a moment of impulse I changed my degree plan and as soon as I did, I had a breakdown in my vehicle. Because I felt unclear and insecure, I prayed with all that was within me. I asked for a sign of confirmation that I was on the right path. At that moment, I felt peace and the love of Jesus overflow in my heart. This occurred on Monday, and by Wednesday I was granted an opportunity in that field. I interviewed on Thursday, and was blessed with this job. If I would not have done so, I would have never met my bestie. I would have not recommitted my life to our Savior and Lord. God knows each one of us before we were in our mother’s womb; we are the chosen.

I went on a little tangent, but it was background information for you to understand how much she is missed at work. At the beginning, we did not get along all too well but then we realized that we were alumni from the same school and we both love Jesus. Our friendship sparked and now it has developed into a sistership. I was her enemy and she kept me real close. The irony of life results in some of the best aspects of our life. We were rivals and now we are inseparable like sisters.

This was just a little story since she decided to leave me by myself today. My days are empty without her! I encourage you to be social and gain friends; a couple of them will do. It is necessary to overcome the troubles and battles we face on this earth. Instead of fighting with one another, why are we not encouraging, pushing, and loving one another; moving forward in unity. Do not fear allowing people in your life, for we need one another to thrive. So, go out there and find or reconnect with your good friends!

This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:12-13)

10 comments:

  1. I loved this! Very true =). Keep it up ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! We need one another to survive!
    -Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your writing style! It’s so nice to have a friend in the field of your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I have been so busy with life that I have been neglecting to be social and this post definitely made me miss hanging out with my friends. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is important to catch up, even if it's once a month.

      Delete
  5. I communicate with my close friends daily. They inspire me and motivate me to do more with my life! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do the same. It definitely is! They keep you moving even when you don't want to.

      Delete